Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dreaming of another day on the road!


Tomorrow I leave mid-day for my first over night bicycle tour in a long time and I am excited. I have been thinking about doing some travel for some time and this is due time. I have gotten caught up in all my classes and am ready to take the trucker out for ;some real life, to breath the coastal air and see some thing I have not seen in too much time. The wind in my face and the the rubber on the ground, my bags are packed and ready to go and tomorrow I leave for an over-nighter. This wont be the first time I have done a one night trip and it certainly wont be the last... it is a great way to get away for a while and get a taste for touring without having to commit much time. It is certainly something I recomend for anyone who may be willing to give it a try. It doesnt take a whole lot... it is possible to do it using a hotel, though I will be going with my tent.. because it is over night I will not need much more than sleeping gear and shelter. If all you have is a bike and a small backpack these over night trips are reachable. You can eat along the route by buying food or even just bringing some power bars so you would not have to bring cooking equipment or bulky food. There is certainly some beauty to be found in over night trips like this because it is a way to get away withoutt having to take an entire vacation... you could do it on a friday or saturday night and be back in time to get showered for work on sunday night. It is a good way to get out and breath some real air and possibly spend a night in a good book. Some nights that Ihave been out in my tent I could spend 2 hours in a book just enjoying the night air. Peace and quiet and the great open. Ill see you on the trail tomorrow if you would like to join me.

2 comments:

Karlos said...

Have fun. Whats the destination? Is it parts Unknown!

Shred!

Unknown said...

as spur of the moment as I wanted to be I had to postpone... I am thinking early next week. now that everything is packed I can make it an easy reality. I hate to sound like a hypocrite ha ha. the destination would have been JB Starkey park... I will try for it again on monday...