Tuesday, May 12, 2009

a healthy start -- new diet day 1

I haven't been on the road bike in quite some time. Today I took her out for a leisurely 22 miles around the county. Not enough to be painful but just enough to sooth the aches from the running from yesterday.

My girlfriend and I are starting our own version of the biggest loser. We are shooting for 13% weight loss by the end of the summer and loser buys the victory dinner at the restaurant of the winners choice.

Tonight is our initial weigh in and I will try to keep some sort of report on the site here as to the results and the goings along the way. i will also be shopping for some veggies to start the diet portion of my new weight loss challenge, it'll be nice to bring out my creativity in the kitchen again. I do love to cook! I just hope Ms. cant-eat-onions can stand some of the meals I come up with.

1 comment:

Gladis said...

Awesome!

Competition is a great way to jump start the new habits.