Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bill and BOBs excellent adventure



A friend of mine and a professor at St. Petersburg College has recently departed for quite the journey. Bill Hemme joined me on the trip I lead around the state in November, our trip then was a 200 mile trip that ended for me when I lost the use of my knee. Bill continued on to finish that trip. He also used my trip as a testing ground for the big journey that was to come. Over the summer Bill will be travelling from San Fransisco, CA to Clearwater, Florida entirely by bicycle, pulling his BOB trailer with all his rations for the journey. As of today Bill has been riding for 5 days and though he has had some delays along the way I suspect that he has prepared himself sufficiently, and will most certainly have some great stories to share. In fact Bill is sharing his story from the road as he rides. Bill brought with him a laptop to record the story of his journey along the way in real time. His blog is on CrazyGuyOnABike.com at http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3Tzut&doc_id=5091&v=6a . Go check out Bill's blog and say hi on the guest book.

No comments: