Monday, May 11, 2009

New shoes


Ok... so after a few months of unintentional bulking up, I decided it was time to figure out a way to spark some interest in getting back in shape. Had to be something inexspensive, had to be something that didnt involve driving anywhere, and had to be something that distracted my attention from the bicycle. Now I know what you're thinking... and yes I do love my bikes, but for some reason I'm just in a phase where the idea of getting on the bike just doesn't excite me the way it used to. I decided to purchase myself a pair of Saucony Cohesion running shoes. I used to run a lot in high school and when I was a young private in the Army. Just the thought of running a 10K again has had me thinking and dreaming of the old days. It will be a great way for me to get back in shape and possibly just enough torture to re-peak my interest in my bike possibly in time for the fall cross country series. I will also be training periodically at a jiu jitsu gym in the neighborhood... getting back in shape is exciting me and hopefully I can get back into racing my mountain bike again.

6 comments:

Karlos said...

80% of your physical composition is directly related to your food intake.

If your feeling a bit doughy, maybe its time to cut out some of that dough.

good luck brother!

Unknown said...

That was the first thing to go... cutting out the soda and junk food, and limiting my alcohol consumption. After that is the late night second dinners and fast food runs. I really let myself go because of the stress of school. Im not letting myself use that excuse anymore.

Karlos said...

ya, eat more greens and whole foods, minimize your grains an cut out the artificial processed grains and sugars and you will drop the weight real quick.

Instead of drinking orange juice, eat an orange, instead of apple juice eat an apple. Bring lunch, eating late does not matter, as long as your eating good whole natural foods.

Unknown said...

thanks los... i do have a ton of veges about to ripen in the garden. part of the reason i was so skinny before was my high vegie intake... maybe there is a call for vegetarianism again, or at least partially :)

Karlos said...

Aint nothing wrong with meat as long as its a clean source. you want animals that are free of anti biotics and hormones, its a little more money, but I would rather pay more money then be poisoned and over saturated with hormones and anti biotics and such.

Unknown said...

yeah i dont think i could go totally vege again... but minimizing the crap makes the difference