Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Touring Bug Bites


so.. ive been thinking about touring a lot lately. If you recall my last set of Arkel panniers and all my camping gear was stolen several months ago from my car while it rest on the side of the highway. Building a collection of panniers and gear may be a daunting task... I do have the beginings of the green bags that I started and gave up on months ago( i need a sewing machine). But i do need to purchase cook ware, a tent, sleeping bag, and other necessities. Im not giving up, I will be back on the open road again one day.
Im thinking of planning a trip for a week that I may have time off of school. going up to DC or the Carolinas and then back by another route... its an idea in concept form as of now.. but im really thining about planning and prepping for this. If you are interested and think you have what it takes get in touch with me and let me know if youd be willing to join me four a big trip. for your pleasure here is a pic of my Long Haul Trucker and my bros cannondale from the last trip we did around Florida. I sure miss those bags.. they were great.

1 comment:

Karlos said...

I will actually have my short term lightweight touring set up done in the next couple of weeks. I say short term cause I didnt order a frame bag since I change bikes so often. My set up without being packed will weigh less than a pound and uses no racks. stay tuned for pics.