Monday, July 28, 2008

Lesson Learned

Ok so lesson learned.. always have the right sized spare tube with you.. in this case I had the wrong valve length on the spare tube I had with me. oops. I got a flat on my way home from work.. couldnt figure out what it was.. it was like a hollow pygmy dart shot from the grass pygmy's blow gun.. who knows. but here I am about 15 miles from home in south Tampa, flat tire, wrong tube, shit. I start thinking to myself, im not going to walk home..damnit. all I had was the old tube, the new tube, a co2 cartridge, and this.. thing.. in my tire. im thinking to myself.. I need a valve extender.. well, that old valve looks a lot like a valve extender, hmm.. so. i bit off the old valve and shoved it into the co2 inflator.. pressed it into the rim onto the new valve, let co2 fly and voila full tire. WOO HOO! so theres my story. :) i made it home and learned how to make a valve extender on the fly.





5 comments:

Barb said...

Very industrious. What's next--"Survivor"? Quite a correlation seems to exist between high motivation and problem-solving. For example, if you had only been a mile from home, would you have come up with such a creative solution? Great story, and ending!

Anonymous said...

I tried emailing you and I got a response saying it could not deliver.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

laz.. who are you? you should leave me an email so that I can contact you! other than that if you have something private to say, i have to approve everything that is on here, so if you say something you dont want me to share, i can just deny it being "published" .. convenient eh? :)

Anonymous said...

Im the guy you built up my philwood/openpro wheels last year. I tried emailing to see if you were going to Tampa Critical Mass..
My email is lowcool187@yahoo.com.
Hope all is well!

ps.. Too bad you didn't publish lesson learned a couple months ago, I ran into the same problem.