Thursday, June 21, 2007

ridicUlous BicyCle build

I had to post this... This bike was built and sold to a man in Tampa by a local shop. I cannot believe this passed through the build process, which typically requires two mechanics, one for the initial build, and another for a second check over and a test ride... and then sat on the sales floor, and was sold to a customer by a shop employee... and if that weren't bad enough! The man had brought the bike back TWICE to be serviced(according to him) by the shop where he purchased the bike, before later bringing it to our shop. The front fork is on backwards! C'mon People! Take some pride in your jobs!!! This is the most rediculous thing I have ever seen. I cannot disclose the name of the university area shop, but I wouldnt want these guys working on MY bike.

1 comment:

Kellogg said...

I can't imagine which university area bike shop you mean. ;) But I do know I haven't trusted a certain shop on Fletcher since I was a kid. My favorite white mongoose BMX had been stolen and my dad took my to get a new bike there. They sold me the biggest hunk of crap and it took years off my riding.

Thanks to all the CBE staff for taking pride in not just the mechanics but in what they are willing to sell as well.