Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Pinellas Trail with Jackie

My friend Jackie is in town getting married this weekend so we took advantage of my day off on monday to get in a ride on the Pinellas Trail. We rode from my buddy Mitch's house in Largo to the Seminole trail head and headed south. We rode from there strait down to the end at US19 in St. Pete in what seemed like no time at all. We stopped by Gulfport Beach along our way back and soaked in the view of the water and the sun. We had a few inriguing conversations along the way about life, parenting, and of course mariage. In all all we rode about 40 miles. Lunch was had at a Quizno's in the Publix plaza near Tyrone Mall. I wanted to eat out at the beach, but it seemed everything was closed.
I actually got to test out my new Arkel handlebar bag during this ride as well. Having my camera within close reach was very handy... however next time i will try not to keep so much stuff in the HB bag. I carried tools, tubes, a wallet, my phone, my camera, a towel, and a few non-essentials. The bike felt heavy at the front end.

I had a flat while I was out, luckily I had a co2 pump with me because my frame pump really stinks. I also realized that a nail clipper can double as a tire lever. Next time Caleb and I take a trip I will be this much more prepared.

Note to self: need better frame pump, or more CO2 cartridges.

No comments: