Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My New Bags!

New goodies! though I have actually had them for a week I just had the chance to take some pictures. I got my Arkel panniers in the shop last week and they are sweet! They are a little wrinkly from shipping but with a little use they will fill out... The rear bags are Arkel GT-54s and the fronts are Arkel T-28s. These things are huge, have tons of room for anything and they are very good looking. I took this pic with the flash so you can really see how the reflective strips glow... safety first! This shot also shows my new Planet Bike Cascadia Fenders. What you cant see is the new Surly Nice Rack rear rack. The nice racks are truely marvelous. Twice as sturdy as the Trek rack I was using, also twice as heavy, but whos counting wieght? :) I am truely ready for some serious touring. My Brother will be spending the next 2 months in the Phillipines so it will be a while before we can really plan a big trip. I do plan on taking Caleb on an over nighter soon though. I want to try to plan something on a free invitation to try to get more people to go with us, I will try to post something here or even see if we can sponsor it through the shop.
Just a side note.. this shot was taken in my new appartment here in beautiful St. Pete! Me and Caleb are loving it here. It is a wonderful place and the location is very central to all of Tampa Bay. That makes it Easier to get to just about anywhere(by bike or otherwise)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude...thanks for posting the Arkel bags. I'm working on an LHT build. Something bulletproof that I can ride through the Apocalypse, and those bags are now at the top of my list.

Cheers.