Sunday, June 24, 2007

Flatwoods Park

Politics, parenting, elementary education, standardized testing, highschool drama, naked stage shows, psycho roller bladers, and serial killers. Early this morning I had one of the most intellegent and interesting conversations I have ever had. Oh yeah.. I went for a bike ride at Flatwoods Park in Tampa as well.
I rode with my new friend Rebecca, she is a reporter for the St. Pete times, a triathlete, and a damn decent cyclist. We rode for just about 35 miles on the 7 mile paved loop that circles its way through pine forest and cypress swamps in Flatwoods Park, part of the Wilderness Parks System in North Hillsborough County. The wilderness is a welcome relief from the hustle and bustle of riding in and amongst cars and buildings in the city.
Our conversation kept me on my toes as did the riding, the pace was a nice clip and I was starting to regret the few extra beers I had last night. The touring tires that I had on my Trucker were feeling a bit sticky and heavy... maybe it was in my head... uhm... maybe. I had a fun ride though the woods today though Rebecca burned me out by the final sprint to the parking lot... oh sure... you can give me hell for being beat by a girl. Try riding with her.

2 comments:

Kellogg said...

That's a great picture. Check out a whole bunch of other folks taking similar shots at flickr.

It was nice meeting you in person...it gets hectic in there on friday afternoons...

Rebecca C. said...

next time, hills. ;)