Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Health of the Planet!


It has occurred to me that I have not said much about the daily grind here... I am again working at a shop that I worked for years ago. I left then to concentrate on school full time, but recently was invited back by the fine folks at Flying Fish Bikes in South Tampa. I am again wrenching on bikes, this time though, it feels more permanent as my major is Environmental Science... now i dont think I really need to explain the correlation, but for the sake of having something to blog about im going to go ahead and say it anyway: I am not merely a bicycle mechanic, but rather, an ambassador for environmentalism. Let me explain. Bicycles are the most efficient form of transportation as they have ZERO emissions, get INFINITY miles per gallon, and are much less expensive than cars. I am doing a service to the environment by keeping folks rolling on two wheels. I am not merely working a job repairing and cleaning POS BSO's, I am doing a service to my field and to the world! So if you ask me what I do I will no longer tell you simply that "I am a bicycle mechanic" I will have much more to say about the things I do for the health of the planet.

No comments: