Friday, June 26, 2009

People are evil

Are people so miserable in this county that they have to bring everyone else down around them? I was nearly run over today by the same guy twice... I went for a short ride around the city just trying to clear the cobwebs and take in some parts of the city I have never seen. Some douche in a gray Cobalt came within inches of me going down a street... i yelled at him and told him to give me more room the first time. The guy must have waited for me to turn around and this time came EVEN CLOSER. If this guy thinks he was going to try to hit me I wonder what the hell could be going on in his life that made him so miserable. And I was on a small two lane road with no other cars coming the other direction. I hate this fucking county... every time I get out on a bike people dont pay attention to me. And this isn't the first time someone has tried to hit me. I hate the thought of it but it makes me want to give up cycling when I realize how dangerous humans beings are to each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel and what you're talking about 100 percent! The problem is not only while cycling, you also have to be extremely careful simply walking and crossing the street. People seem very inconsiderate towards others for some reason. With that said, you can't let those types get you down, or paint everyone with the same brush. There are also those still out there that watch out for people and are considerate. I always like to say, it's futile to try and argue with idiots, there are just too many! You'll feel better in a day or so, and be careful and stay safe. LIFE IS GOOD, AND BETTER WHEN OUT RIDING!

Unknown said...

thanks who ever you are... I do understand the duality of mankind and also of the experiences cycling can offer... I just find it important to be open about my emotions here on my blog about my adventuring experiences... Its not always pretty and fun. who are you by the way?