Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mr. Coffee is more than just coffee!


If you are a touring cyclist or a hiker that carries food with you for multi day trips I strongly advise you buy one of these.. or borrow one from your mom if she has one... thats what I did... ha ha... most of foods weight is water weight. If you dehydrate it you can save a lot on weight. And you can also save on cooking time and fuel by precooking pastas and dehydrating them before heading out onto your adventure. cook pasta to aldente and then boil in camp to bring it back. For my Myakka trip I am bringing chicken, beef, bacon and macoroni and cheese that I dehydrated so as to have some decent meals while I am out there... yet also have them light enough to not tip the scales. Im hoping to catch at least A fish... we'll see.

2 comments:

Treadlight said...

Getting this machine is way better than browsing through dehyd food on shelf. Instead you can make your own food, pack and ready to go.

Unknown said...

yeah and the price of the pre-dehydrated foods you can buy at health food stores or outdoors stores are almost restaurant levels. I went to Bill Jackson's to peruse their selection and a SINGLE meal can get into the double digits. I think I spent less than 10$ for everything I am taking for a WEEK! oh and the jerky you can make... exquisite! for a 10$ bottom round at Winn Dixie you could fill 50-60$ worth of the bags you can buy at the local quikee mart. this thing pays for itself possibly in the first use if you are taking a long hike or tour.