Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hiking Myakka River State Park














This adventure was meant to be a spiritual quest of sorts, a chance for me to spend some time in solitude in the wilderness of this beautiful state. What I found were the vast saw palmetto praries, pine forests, and swamp lands of Florida. I spent 4 days and 3 nights walking nearly 40 miles testing nearly every muscle in my body in search of this big adventure. I was on a quest of sorts searching for inspiration, searching for some spiritual enlightenment, hoping to find answers to unanswerable questions. What I found... really the answer to that is mostly for me, i guess thats the point of a journey quest. You have to find answers for yourself. But the magnificent views, the endless landscapes, the beautiful creatures ...well those things id be more than happy to share. ;)

1 comment:

Mike, Ted, Sean, and others.... said...

Fucking awesome trip. Very inspirational. I just did an everglades kayak overniter that was epic.