Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tent living is the Life


I put in my first 100 mile week since the begining of last year this past week and it felt great. I have been commuting to school and work every day for the last 5 days rain or shine, though it was mostly rain. I learned really quickly that my "rain gear" was not suitable for anything more than a light drizzle. Better to learn now then when im out there and really need it. being wet sucks.
Caleb and I did a short hike to the front yard the other day to have a slumber party in the yard. It rained nearly all night and not a drop inside the Seedhouse. what a peaceful way to sleep. Another note... i slept without the mattress pad but brought a pillow from in the house and slept comfortably.. bigger camp pillow? perhaps a better stuffed dry sack? anyway..
So the final count is 95 miles on the bike and 10 miles by foot for the week. im going to try to do better than that for this week but we'll see. Was thinking of going to NC this spring break to do some hiking, but now I am contemplating shooting for Myakka River State Park... saving the big NC for this summer when its warmer and I wont need to buy long johns. Though i eventually hope to do some hiking(read potholing) in the winter. Another rad book read under my belt, i finished Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston... highly recomended. more thoughts later.

1 comment:

Treadlight said...

That 10 miles on foot is equal to 30 miles on bike :-)

Good read.

Morisson