Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pisgah NC... i want to go back

OK so... i went to Pigah State Forest in North Carolina. Me and my teamie Ron did the Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventure Race, its basically an offroad alleycat race an a HUGE scale. We rode to 4 out of 7 check points on our single speeds (mine is rigid) up nearly 8000 feet of climbing, just over 40 miles... or something like that according to Rons Garmin GPS, and we finished in nearly 12 hours. It was the most brutal torture fest i have ever put myself through, and I loved every second of it. North Carolina is beautiful and the trails are amazing. I plan on going back again as soon as I can.
I would give an entire race report and a play by play detailed evaluation of what happened but im still just so... ahh... I couldnt use proper words to describe it. It was one of the better experiences of my life so far. It was nice to get away from the daily grind of work and spend some time in the most beautiful wilderness in the country. I came home feeling recharged. Nothing can piss me off right now... theres no natural high like taking a vacation and riding you bike in a place like that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks sooo dreamy. Adventure rides rule!

Unknown said...

This looks fantastic!!

tyson said...

looks like an awesome time. i'm glad you got some pictures. what was the start of the ride like? swarms of other riders in a mad dash?

Unknown said...

There's always the DD in September and no doubt I want to do this again next year. I would like to hit 6 checkpoints next year though!!!!! :-) So get your ARSE out and start training!!! ;-)


ORAMM & Fools Gold is coming!!