Monday, May 26, 2008

Green Ignorance


In my house we do not use paper towels... it is less expensive to use and reuse cloth napkins and bar mops, no reason to throw them into the garbage, we use a laundry hamper. And when they get gross and stained they move into the shop rag pile. In my house we do not drink bottled water when there is water coming from the tap, fill up the brita pitcher, and drink away. I do not use plastic grocery bags, i bring my own tote bags with me when i go shopping. Why do I do these things? If you have done any research at all, if you can see further than the nose on your face, you can see that we are killing our environment. We are littering our planet. We are a wasteful nation. and we are a nation dependant on non local sources.
Ignorance. that is a strong word. It pains me to see people who cling so arrogantly to this term when it comes to awareness. Why are we reaching for paper towels when a hand dryer or cloth towel is right there? Why are we letting grocers bag our groceries in plastic bags made from foreign oil when we can buy reuseable Green Bags for less than a dollar a piece? I cant even think of a logical excuse for this... it just doesnt make sense. awareness doesnt take but a few seconds of looking around. I weep for our nation when I read about the preventable waste we produce. Do some research, change your lifestyle, its easier than you think.

heres a good place to start... http://www.treehugger.com/gogreen.php

locally grown, fairly traded, eco-friendly, reused, recycled, organic.... change your life, change the lives of those around you, create habbits.

http://www.wvwd.com/Pages-Content/WaterQuality/MessageInBottle.htm

1 comment:

EL SandPine said...

Ran into this vid today and thought of your post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U-mvfjyiao