Sunday, April 8, 2007

New Job


So... Catching up a bit on some lost time here. The shop i worked for J&R Bicycles out of Pinellas Park recently closed down operations at the mountain bike/road bike shop. They did so to devote attention to thier online web sales and race trailer sales at BMX races. This means that all attention has been turned to BMX and only BMX. Where does this leave me? I asked myself... my having never raced BMX, nor ever really having the desire I decided that maybe I should persue the option of moving to another profession. Upon further search of the cycling industry i found that long time friend and past race sponsor, Carrollwood Bicycle Emporium was looking for mechanics. I really hated to jump ship to go work for another shop but I decided to persue the application and interview process anyway.
Well... long story short, I got the job! WOO HOO! and it is going to be well worth it to take this step. My first day as a real employee will be this Tuesday. The benefit will be working in a shop that is very big on advocacy in the mountain bike world, as well as a place that will support my desire to grow within the industry and give me the opportunity to obtain more education on bicycles and industry related topics. I am excited to be a part of CBE again and i believe this is the beginning of a beautiful career. so anyway.. i get to work on cool bikes and live closer to the trails, so that should be fun. I think Caleb will enjoy riding the trails more, living in Tampa will put us closer to Morris Bridge and Alafia will be much closer.

No comments: