Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Day of Rain

Yesterday was wet, misserable, and cold... for Florida... in april. But what did this retard decide to do? Thats right... dee dee dee, lets go make it even more miserable by playing in the mud! well... it actually turned out to be a lot of fun. reguardless of, or perhaps partly in spite of the conditions... what exactly did I do? the anticipation is killing you isnt it! or if you already looked at the pictures im building you up for nothing... useless. Anyway, my brother Chris and I took a trip out to Lakeland yesterday to ride the illustrious Loyce Harpe Park, better known to the mountain biking world as Carter Road. For his secong time riding a real trail I must say my brother is an incredibly quick learner and a natural born trail munching machine(no not because he ate it). We tackled every trail in the park, and though I could have ridden faster I didnt find myself waiting. Even a few seasoned riders that i have riden with would have left me falling asleep waiting to move on, but he will try anything, even shit that i wont! HA! Well the trails were in decent shape despite the rain of course and some sand in typical spots. Our adventure was made even more exciting by the red neck 4 wheelers getting themselves stuck in the mud. The trails were beautiful, the scenery was even more so, and all in all the ride was a good one.
By the way I started my new job today as the newest mechanic at Carrollwood Bicycle Emporium. It was a great day though wet outside. I am looking foward to making new friends and building a bond with the folks at this new shop. So long as they keep the beer flowing... pass me another Flying Dog!