Thursday, June 9, 2016

About... Brian

For those of you who have been faithful followers of my blog you have seen some of my triumphs, as well as some of my calamities. Life has a way of bringing you up when you need it, but it can also bring you crashing down when you least expect it, and are least prepared.

Much has happened in the years since my last post on Friday the 13th, some negative, some positive; I spiraled through some pretty severe depression, I lost many jobs, I became jaded to the cycling world as a whole... but though I dont ride a bike anymore I have taken some hobbies more seriously, I have built a bigger family, I have made a few friends, and I have learned how to adventure again.

I have had this blog on the back of my mind for a long time since... I guess I left it to the cycling phase of my life, which I triumphantly exited about 3 years ago. Well after coming back and reading a handful of my posts, I realized that this page is not about what I left behind, rather it is about the adventure that I still contain within me. It is not about Bike Brian... it is simply about... Brian.

I want to catch this blog up, as well as some of the people who still linger in to read it once in a while, with some of the adventures I have shared with my family and friends, whether I can include epic bike journeys or my brothers involvement is no longer of serious consequence, because I can enjoy an adventure without mourning him now. I can enjoy an adventure with my son, and my wife, and now my youngest son. I can keep the fun going, and it'll be fun to look back in years to come, at all the things I was able to get out and do with my family.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I'm looking forward to sharing some more adventures with you, friend!