Saturday, June 18, 2016

Finding Myself

Life can take you down some interesting roads if you are willing to make some turns. For some time I have been interested in homesteading, gardening, self sustainability and such... recently an old friend of mine invited me to join him in helping out on a friends farm. When I agreed to go it was because I was at a point in my life where I needed a new adventure to save me from the monotony of my every day life running a new business(more on that later). What I found out there was something I have been looking for for quite some time. 

Rigo's property isnt much of a farm per se, as a homestead, and when we got started out there it was just barely that. With some sweat, dirt, several weekends worth of labor, and a fair share of gasoline, we have created what is growing into a community supported agriculture project that will sustain multiple families. Vegetables, fruits, livestock, honey, never ending projects, ideas, adventures, fun... 

Finding myself out on this farm has been an adventure that I have only dreamed of in my years of classes in environmental science, biology, horticulture... not to mention the things I have involved my family in with the gardening and keeping chickens... the constant pursuit of self sustainability, controlling the ingredients in our diet that ultimately effect our health. Finding myself out on this farm has been a lesson in finding myself.












No comments: