Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Catching up

SOOO.... update... hmmmm... lots to say:

My Life:

LIFE, life... Im getting married. Me and Ellen will be tying the knot next February. We have had an excellent life together so far and we are making it official. She is the love of my life and a great gal. She does so enjoy to go on touring adventures with me and i will surely be posting some stories of the touring trips we have taken, and will take together. Also we are hopefully getting a house soon... fingers crossed.

School... switched from St. Petersburg College to USF St. Pete... Majoring in environmental policy and geography. Go Bulls.

Work... I'm FINALLY back at Flying Fish Bikes in south Tampa. I left there initially to concentrate more on school, but now I'm realizing that family and real life requires real employment. I still have a couple years left of school, but I need to find some income that is decent and steady.

Riding... I'll say that my riding has really been on the crap side lately... i think depression over lost things has led to this. I had to sell my long haul trucker. there I said it. I hate this idea. but it had to happen. At the time i needed the money. I have obtained two new beasts in her place, but not enough to fill the void. I bought a Peugot steel road bike from the 90's for about 150 bucks that was in like new condition. I ride her on a regular basis as my main steed these days. I also more recently picked up a Giant hybrid that I am attempting to convert into a touring bike. It is all loose ball bearings so I am having to rebuild all the pivot points(headset, wheels, BB) when I can find the time.


Transportation... I no longer own a 4 wheeled vehicle. I sold my truck because it was in constant need of repair. Also, I bought a motorcycle. Its a suzuki sv650 standard. looks like a sport bike but i have her set up for comfy commuting. I have had a few close calls since her purchase including one pretty good wreck. maybe i'll go into that some other time, but not now.

Trail Travelers... I have started a touring club. The main page is on face book and possibly needs a subsidiary website, but i just dont have the time for that now.

Tattoos... I have gotten several new tattoos that I havent taken photos of yet because I have not gotten them finished... SOON. and photos to follow.

thats all I have for now... im sure Ill come up with more. next week is ride your bike to work week. You can bet ill be riding on the days that I can (ie not taking the kid to school) and will look forward to seeing other out there. thanks.

No comments: