Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A year in Review with bRiaN

So looking back over the past years posts I cant help but get sentimental. As fast as it all went by it has been one of the longest and most difficult years of my life, however at the same time it has been one of the best. From starting the year off at the worst possible job a man can have asside from slavery and getting into an accident that demolished my poor car, to getting my new truck, starting at the best shop in the state for touring cyclists, and starting on a bigger and better path towards an education. At the beggining of this year I was still very much in pain from the loss of my Arkel bags and all my camping equipment, but this year I have slowly re-built my touring gear collection. I Went to North Carolina this year to race with my buddy Ron in one of the most memorable experiences of my life so far the Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventure Race. Sheldon Brown died this year, one of my heroes, he will certainly be remembered as a legend in the field. I lost a great girl-friend this year, but in return I have made several new friends, and most importantly I have found more time to spend with my son. Gardening, camping, touring, and just riding. I started a new touring program at Bicycle Outfitters and plans for more trips are in the making. I passed all my classes this semester and I am looking foward to a full load at the begining of next year. I grew a beard this year for the first time. I started a garden with my son this year. I begrudgingly put an extremely painful past behind me to focus on my present and my future. I was diagnosed with manic depressive disorder this year. I read more books this year than I have ever read. I learned more about me than I have ever known. It has been a long and difficult year, but at the same time I have fought hard for the things I am achieving and I am damned proud of myself. Some of the things I lived through have been extremely difficult to bear but here I am, alive and ready to take on the World. I look foward to a great new year, and many new experiences. It has been a great year and I am ready to take on 2009 with a new fervor. More adventures, more classes, more books, more life. Ready or not here I come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in Bud! At least your finishing the year on a positive note. Going to school, working, raising a kid, and everything else life throws at can be tuff, but hang in there and things will get better! If I'm in town for the '09 PMBAR we'll do it again!

Anonymous said...

Right on Bro.

Ted