Sunday, April 20, 2008

2 weeks left!!!


Ok... so im 2 weeks away from one of the biggest adventures of my life. Im signed up for of one the most extreme off road cycling adventures in the country; The Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventure Race. 13 Hours of racing, riding, climbing, and surviving the Pisgah National Forest in North Carolina. 13 hours of me and my teamie Ron, our single speed bikes, and everything we need for the day strapped to our backs. There will be no support, so we have to prepare our meals, obtain water, and race to at least 4 of 7 check points, with up to 70 miles of trails, and 15,000 feet of climbing. Im totally psyched, and ill have to admit a bit nervous. Ive got the Karate Monkey preped with a shiny new 22 tooth cog and a new chain. I havent had the chance to ride her off road in a while but ive gotten prenty of on-road training. As far as stress goes i think im well equipped. the mountains are calling me. I hope im ready.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No need to stress! Just going up to have some fun and get in some great riding.