Thursday, February 7, 2008

Florida Cycling Hall of Fame


Through out the history of, well, just about everything, history has been kept in some form of record. Most sports have thier respective halls of fame, and cycling is no exception to that. One thing that was recently pointed out to me however is that there is no such hall of fame specific to the State of Florida. My ex-team mate Kurt Leverette, founder of the Building Champion Cyclists FL organization, wants to document this piece of history specific to Florida cycling.
Building Champion Cyclists FL(BCCFL) was formed by Kurt as a way to sponsor and fund up and coming cyclists to possibly give them a better chance at competing at a national level, and obtaining profesional sponsorship. The Florida Cycling Hall of Fame is being introduced to bring attention to BCCFL, and to document Florida's cycling history, and those that contributed to it.
Kurt asked me to be the chief webdesigner and webmaster, in charge of the Hall of Fame website. It is a great honor to be part of something that could potentially be a lasting tradition in our State and in Florida's cycling community. I am proud to accept this position and will carry it with pride and dedication. I plan on having a viewable website up and running sometime this weekend with more information on the Florida Cycling Hall of Fame, untill then check out BuildingChampionCyclistsFL.net to find out more about the future of the Hall of Fame.

3 comments:

Karlos said...

WEBSITE??? YOu have no time for a web site, you gots to get ready for the 10 mile climbs that await up in PISGAH!!!

Unknown said...

I got a wolrd of hurt coming to me Im sure... but then im a survivor. I manage to live off of nothing and yet i still seem to be climbing the ladder. ill be ready for PMBAR... what about you bro?

Karlos said...

I have been there before, I know what to expect and Im taking a trip towards the end of the month. I am experienced when it comes to that area of the planet.

Im sure you will love it!