Thursday, April 2, 2009

Who says bird watching is boring?


I had to do a biological collection for my Intro to Florida Field Biology course that I am taking as a requisite to my degree. We had to choose from either plants, crustaceans, insects or birds. I thought that plants or insects would be boring and I dont like the beach so that pretty much ruled out the shell thing... which would have been boring as well. I chose to turn in photographs of birds. This was a decision not only for a class project, but it turns out that it was a life decision to become a birdwatcher. With camera in tow everywhere I go I constantly find myself shooting pictures of birds no matter who is around to see or how far I had to trek to get the best shot.
I have always been the type to have my camera with me everywhere I go, but having a purpose has made my camera wielding nonsense much more exciting. I really enjoy watching these birds in thier habbitats, whether natural or right in the city. I have taken thousands of shots and only a few have come out as good as these but finding a great shot in a pile of "ehh" can be almost as exciting as finding the bird itself.

No comments: