Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tour of Central Florida Rail-Trails!



Ok so I didnt want to post this untill I was absolutely sure it was a go. November 7th through the 9th I will be leading a self supported, shop sponsored, bicycle trip through the rail-trails of central Florida. Bicycle Outfitters has graciously donated the time and means for me to spend 3 days and 2 nights on the bicycle leading a group of about 6 people. We will be camping primitively at JB Starkey Park and somewhere in the Withlacoochee State Forest. We will travel by route of the Pinellas Trail, the Suncoast Trail, and the Withlacoochee State Trail, as well as many other back roads and scenic highways. The trip will total over 220 miles with a guaranteed century on the first whole day of travel. If you are interested in going with us then I need to know as soon as possible because this trip will fill up quickly with only a few slots available. The trip will be $25, but that is only to cover some of the food we bring and some of the other provisions we will need to bring.
To go you will need either a road bike or touring bike, with a minimum of a rear rack and pannier bags. We will be hosting a bicycle camping 101 class at Bicycle Outfitters in the weeks leading up to the trip and those who are going on the trip should attend. If you have any questions email me at advocateforliving@yahoo.com, come visit us at the shop, or I will be at the Bicycle Bash on Oct 19th at Vinoy Park, St pete with more info.

1 comment:

Treadlight said...

Wish I could go but work gets on the way...all the time.