Thursday, June 26, 2008

The State of bRiaN Address

Ok... it must be obvious by now that this month has been a pretty dry month on thee olde blog here.. I assure you there are plenty good reasons.. And I intend to share with you those reasons. June... ah.. june... what a relationship I have with the hot month of summer, how beautiful her name. Well, I have spent the last weeks spending time with my son, and doing a lot fo fun things with him. Also I have taken the time to finish a few good books. I finished Wicked finally which was ok... I didnt quite like the way it ended but I should have expected that... eh? I havent had too much time for riding.. mostly to the park to read. Though this morning I was motivated to get out and ride the Quantum a few miles. It was my first real(not lazy) ride in a long time. I rode around Pinellas Park and took in some scenery.. I brought the camera.. but i didnt take any pictures. This ride was for me. pure. peaceful. just a good ride.
Other big news.. I got a job 4 days a week at Flying Fish Bicycles, a great shop and it seems so far to be great people. I miss Ted at my old shop, but the management at this shop is far more competent and way less asshole than that of the previous two. The workload is much more intense and I am constantly busy.. gives me time to think. And they are willing to let me work part time through out the school year which will be good!
Oh and for thosee who care my birthday is tuesday. :)

heres a pic of the quantum with them new bar tape I gave her today.. i sacrificed the black tape because the fixie needs some love and I had this red tape lying around. Im not usually a fan of colored tape, but i think she looks ok. more subtle than i had a t first imagined.

2 comments:

Karlos said...

i missed a post or something. i thought you had a girl already? are you trying out two or did you dump the other and i am out of the loop?

Unknown said...

i hadnt been very public about it but me and Christina broke up about 5 months ago.. Ive just been too busy to even think about a love life. And the new girl isnt my girlfriend.. yet. ;)