Saturday, September 6, 2008

Trucker gets new bags




Ok so it had to happen.. i spent months mourning the loss of my arkel bags to someone who felt it was neccessary to smash out the window and take them out of my car. I had to get new bags.. and here they are. I purchased Axiom's Journey Series Panniers. They are nice bags.. i decided on these based on the knowledge I took from the old arkels.. I didnt like that the Arkels opened from the side, these open from the top. These also have a drawstring top with compression straps to control the movement of the load while on the bike. Another thing I really like about these is that every bag has bungee nets on top.. this is nice for drying wet clothes while riding.. this is a good feature for riding in Florida.. as it rains a lot, and its gross to pack sweaty clothes. oh and the map case on the bar bag is MASSIVE.

3 comments:

Karlos said...

email or call me I want to talk about this trip I may go.

karlosar@aol.com

Treadlight said...

Looks like you can do a state to state with that set-up

Unknown said...

could actually travel the world with this set up... thats about as good as it gets.
los- ill call you when i get a chance.. your best bet is to get me at work... i work most days after 3 - 319-BIKE :)